February 10, 2016 at 6:52 pm #973
Pete you are right about dates. Since Gateway is not a registered shoot it did not show up on the calendar and I over looked that one. But the date it is on now will effect more than one club. Also if we put the date into October we could run into some cold or cold rainy weather. All I was trying to do was set a date that would not interfere with other registered shoots not the non registered shoots. So now is decision time. Who do you bump up against.February 10, 2016 at 7:18 pm #974James DrosterParticipant
I think what Ken is saying would be the best all around and Now is the time to make a decision before all these dates get sent to The printer for the packets that will be sent out to everyone .And we get the Fall shoot set in stone for years to come . It is a great shoot that everyone loved last year …February 10, 2016 at 7:27 pm #975
Thanks JD, That is what needs to be done. If we want a successful Fall Classic we have to advertise the hell out of it.February 10, 2016 at 7:42 pm #976M. Peter RustadParticipant
I agree with you Ken, when you get into October you never know what kind of weather you will get. We got lucky last year. I like Sept 16,17,18 or the following weekend, 23,24,25 but I see Janesville has a shoot on the 24th. Your right it’s decision time!
PeteFebruary 10, 2016 at 7:48 pm #978
What is wrong with 23, 24 and 25th of September. Most people that go from our area don’t leave until Tuesday morning for the Missouri Fall Handicap. This might draw more Minnesota shooters to shoot our Classic and then go to Missouri.February 10, 2016 at 7:50 pm #979
Pete was typing when you submitted yours. didn’t see Janesville had a shoot.February 10, 2016 at 7:53 pm #980
I think that’s got to be the weekend. I’m going to the fall handicap in Missouri. There’s nothing on that weekend. I still wonder why it wasn’t looked at first it would have been much easier and all this would have been avoidedFebruary 10, 2016 at 7:58 pm #981
The weekend of the 16-17-18th. Come on Andy keep up now. LolFebruary 10, 2016 at 8:03 pm #982
Dan Pete is just to fast for me. Will have to call him (Hipshot Petey)February 10, 2016 at 9:03 pm #983
The next step would be to get enough Directors in favor of the change and make the change. Amy has those dates open.February 10, 2016 at 9:07 pm #984
I’m in favor of it. I believe Dewey would be. I will write him and PhilFebruary 10, 2016 at 9:29 pm #985
I wrote Dewey, Phil and Jim. Phil already wrote back and agreed it would make sense totally. I haven’t heard back from Dewey and just thought about the fact that Jim can’t vote. Inwillbtrybto reach Jerry K also but it’s probably late for him.February 10, 2016 at 9:50 pm #986James DrosterParticipant
This is great everyone talking this over and trying to make a change for the betterment of all the wta trap shooters .This would not have been able to have took place a couple weeks ago without this great new Forum and great people ,Thank you KEN, JOHN A,DON,ANDY,RICHARD,DAN R,DAN H This is great lets keep it going .JDHOGFebruary 10, 2016 at 9:54 pm #987M. Peter RustadParticipant
Maybe you could give Denny Taylor a call as well as he originally picked the dates according to the meeting minutes. Maybe he has some input on this?
PeteFebruary 10, 2016 at 10:09 pm #989
I just text Denny now. So I wait to see what I hear I didn’t want to call after 10:00pm.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.