(888) 704-6588
1312 Akron Drive, Nekoosa, WI 54457

Minutes: September 16, 2013


Teleconference Meeting Sept 16, 2013

The 9/16/2013 teleconference meeting of the Wisconsin Trapshooting Association Board of Directors was called to order at 6:34 p.m. by President Bruce Stiteley.

Directors on line were SE: Don Mittag, SW: Adam LePine, Dennis Taylor, NW: Glenn Hamerly, NE: Dave Wehmeier, Delegate Rick Tesker, Treasurer Eric Tesker and Secr. Arlene Otto. Excused were Bill Simonar, Gary Fechter, Alt. Delegates Dwight Paulin and Kevin Doerring excused.

Bruce: informed Eric that all banking forms have been signed and turned into River Cities Bank naming Eric as Treasurer. Our Attorney is in the process of drawing up a form eliminating Eric from any financial responsibilities prior to September 8, 2013.

Bruce and Dennis completed transactions with the Summit Credit Union for the 1.71 million loan. All existing loans have been satisfied.

Dennis, Don and Jessica (GEC) will be attending a WATV Association meeting on 9/20/13 at Dyracuse Park. Dennis will be taking the campground bathroom plans to the Town of Rome Planning Commission.

Bruce stated we must be looking at the manager position.

Glen Grabski has all parts except for rods to complete the traphouse doors. Fritz Thistle is getting a price on traphouse doors also. Glenn Hamerly mowed at the Homegrounds and picked up the scoreboards that had blown over.

Don: had several questions put to him regarding the 2014 Zone Shoots. They will be: May 31 – June 1 – NE Fox Valley, SW Sauk Prairie. June 7 & 8 SE Waukesha, NW Eau Claire.

Don asked how many hats had been sold at the State Shoot. Arlene said that Connie has not provided the number sold, the number left, or the amount of profit/loss. He also asked about the profit from the food stands. This too is unclear as records have not been provided. Eric stated that no monies will be handled by a middle person in the future. Arlene stated that all invoices should go directly to the Treasurer and the Treasurer would be paying them.

Jessica (GEC) has suggested we make reservations for 3-4 trade shows. We are already reserved at the WACO trade show. Don asked if we could pay a part-time person to attend the shows and reimburse for mileage. GEC is gathering information on Campground software. Bruce will contact Jeff Ebel and Dan Rupar regarding the status of the separation of the campground as a separate entity.

Glenn will be attending the NRA banquet in Plover on October 10. He was asked to bring the large check the WTA received from the NRA. The WTA, as a sponsor, will be presented with a pistol. A Promotional photo will be taken of the presentation of both the check and pistol. The gun will be registered as: On Behalf of WTA, Glenn Hamerly. When won as a raffle, the name will be changed.

Insurance – Glenn is to procure insurance, and then the current policies will be cancelled. The building insurance will cover until the Building Inspector releases it.

Rick: A complaint was filed with the ATA regarding a situation at our 2013 State Shoot. All complaints filed with the ATA have to be investigated by the state delegate and recommendations made. Rick recommended a letter of reprimand from the ATA be sent to both parties.

Rick had also received a complaint from John Duwe regarding our Website. He found it impossible to complete the All-State Team application on line. All-State Team requirements were changed to previous rules and need to be changed. Phone numbers, which had been correct, were now incorrect. Don will re-write the All State Team requirements and get it to Mike Pigusch. Bruce will speak with Mike also.

Dave: confirmed the NE Zone would be Fox Valley, 5/31 – 6/1.

Adam: is compiling curriculum for the trapline training video. He will have more information to present at the face to face meeting in October.

Manager was discussed. Three applicants were in the running. One applicant has no computer experience or camping experience. It was decided to eliminate that person because of the needed qualifications. The remaining two applicants will be contacted by Don to see if he/she is still interested.

Classification: A Jr. Female shooter at our state shoot questioned Don on her classification. Rick stated that, per ATA rules, a shooter is first classified based on category and second on gender.

Secretary: Rick asked if a new Secretary is replacing Arlene. Bruce will ask Theresa Howland if she would be interested.

Next Meetings:
Teleconference meeting October 7, 6:30 pm
Face to Face – October 19, 9:00 am, Heart of Wisc. Gun Club

Meeting adjourned at 7:40 pm.

Respectfully submitted,
Arlene Otto – Secretary