Loading…
(888) 704-6588
1312 Akron Drive, Nekoosa, WI 54457

Trap Shuffle at State Shoot

Index Forums General Information Trap Shuffle at State Shoot

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    John Atkielski

Subsequent to the WTA Board Meeting on April 2, 2016, the Board voted to institute a trap shuffle for the 2016 Wisconsin State Shoot. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your Zone Representative.

Brad Patterson
    Participant

Why would they do that ????

Dwight Fitzsimmons
    Participant

Why also? Many were around during the previous trap shuffle years. It became such a headache for all involved that it was ceased and a pre-squading  program with “first come first served”  implemented instead. 50 and 50 were then shot on adjacent traps. The “shuffle” complaining and commotion stopped.

I don’t know about 2015, but in the 2014 State Shoot, the HAA champion shot the West end, the HOA champion shot the East end, if I remember correctly.

A higher number of shooters prefer the East end, resulting in slightly longer finish times for events, but was it longer than acceptable? I didn’t hear of it if so. That’s why reading this is a complete surprise. But there are many elements of conducting the State Shoot that I wouldn’t know about.

No doubt the decision to shuffle was made for good reasons, but I hope that decision solves more headaches than what it may create.

I believe pre-squading will be available again, so let the shooters squad where they want to shoot, as they did the first 3 years. Don’t make them shoot where they do not want to shoot. Keep building on the successes of the last 2 years as a category 5 competition factor.

Submitted with the utmost of respect for the present and past Board Members, and all of the participants.

Dwight Fitzsimmons
    Participant

“If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your Zone Representative.” John

I did that yesterday.

Paul Becker
    Participant

I for one requested the trap shuffle.  For the last 2 years the help was done, empties picked up  and speakers laid down and shooting still going on the east end. I drive down to see one of my friend s taking the line to start shooting.  All have to be done before shoot offs. There is a belief of shooting on the east end is better. My thoughts were to make the shoot run faster and more efficient.  I hope I am right and it makes the shoot run more efficient.

If not I apologize  in advance

Paul Becker

Tim Thompson
    Participant

Last year there were many shooters/squads who were asked and most complied, with moving to other open banks to complete events earlier. For many shooters, there are various reasons they shoot where they do. Camped nearby, other squad mates prefer to shoot there, squads shoot on field they donated is a big one. Moving a squad off “their field” may ruffle some feathers. I seem to recall reading in the minutes recently that the BOD decided (wisely) to only open a limited # of banks for presquad and only open more after all were filled. That seems to me to be a better move than a shuffle.

I have contacted my directors.

Tim

Mike Pigusch
    Participant

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="1326"]Bank Suggestion 2016 An idea of how the shuffle banks might work. and I think I have the practice traps in the correct place.[/caption]

Mike P

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Mike Pigusch. Reason: to fixx top line that I could not do
    Virgil Bomkamp
    Participant

I am opposed to the trap shuffle also,   would prefer to shoot on the bank we donated, which I believe is trap 11.  Virgil Bomkamp, S.W. zone

Dick Champeau
    Participant

Well, I’m going to throw my 2 cents worth in also. Bank shuffles, in my opinion, tend to irritate people…me included. the WTA has enough experience to anticipate total squads so, if people like to shoot the East end, just limit the maximum squads in that sector. You’re penalizing those of us that pre-squad for specific traps and early squads due to shelter set-ups. Movement from one end of the trap line to the other would require packing up the gear and driving end to end. Why upset the masses by making participation uncomfortable. You don’t want to take the enjoyment out of attending and competing. I’m in favor of not instituting  a bank rotation procedure.

Don Van de Bogert
    Participant

I am  also not in favor of a trap shuffle why try to make things more difficult. There are also many squads that prefer the west end. My squad is one of those. We like the shade, and closer to the camping.  This is just my thoughts and concerns.  Don Van de Bogert  SW Zone

Mike Pigusch
    Participant

I do not like the Shuffle either. I put the image up just so everyone acan get a miage of what it means by see it in B % W. It was told to me that we shoot 50 per house. The image is for the ones who don’t know what a shuffle is, I thought it was shuddle and the posted hit the wrong key on the SMART Phone.

How much trouble is there getting people to the required trap last year?

Shoot management should be able to see an imbalance on the trap line before any shoot starts.

Mike P

M. Peter Rustad
    Participant

I for one do not think the shuffle, shuddle or what ever you want to call it is a good idea. The last thing we need to do at this point is make things more complicated than it needs to be. The board needs to concentrate on setting good targets and keep the shoot running as smooth as they can. The fact that people have donated trap fields in my opinion they should have the right to shoot on them. Some people that camp along the line like to choose banks close by due to the fact they might not have additional transportation with to get around. (a long walk from one end to the other) The confusion will just slow things down in my opinion.

thanks

Pete Rustad

Ken Cerney
    Participant

My two cents on this is, To end the back log of squads in a certain area would be to put this in the program, The WTA reserves the right to move squads to another field so as to keep an even flow of shooting, prevent back ups to keep continuity of the shoot.  Or something of that sort.

Andy Hall
    Participant

I’m also opposed to the trap shuffle. Been their, done it and don’t like any form of trap shuffle. Confusion leads to lower attendance which we cannot afford.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Andy Hall.
    John Atkielski

Last night, the WTA Board held a teleconference meeting. They decided that there will NOT be a trap shuffle used at the 2016 State Shoot. Instead, the number of flights on each bank will be limited during presquading to try and achieve even fill during squading and shooting the Event..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.