Loading…
(888) 704-6588
1312 Akron Drive, Nekoosa, WI 54457

Homegrounds Update June 26 2016

Index Forums General Information Homegrounds Update June 26 2016

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    John Atkielski

HOME GROUNDS UPDATE – June 26, 2016
    First, an apology – I left my notes up at the Homegrounds so NEXT week I will have an interview I had with an Exceptional, very Inspiring, awesome Jr. Shooter, along with his picture. He is an inspiration to many of us facing various challenges in our lives. Next Week!
    It was a very busy week. Rick Tesker installed 2 new flag poles he purchased for the WTA. Just in time for the SCTP State Championships. Thanks to you, Rick! All the grass had been cut in the campground and on the trapline by Don Grundy, and helpers.

Dewey moved picnic tables under the huge white tent next to the food vendors and then moved two huge piles of gravel donated by John Coniff, around the hoop building firming the ground surface. Amy was kept busy with campers coming in. Theresa Howland set out all the umbrellas and she & Arlene set out all the voice releases while Dick, Fritz, & Jerry Kaszynski. followed wiring them. Rick & Amy set targets on all 30 fields. Jerry K & wife Karen set out all the barrels. Friday afternoon brought out many Jr. shooters who shot 95 rounds of 10 targets each to practice for the big day.

The SCTP, under the leadership of Gary DeSmidt and Perry Hintz conducted an opening ceremony and shortly thereafter, guns were blasting away on 28 trap fields. 1170 kids shot 100 16 yd targets – 270 squads! That is more shooters than at the State Shoot championship 16 yd event! MANY parents, grandparents, siblings & coaches were there to help keep things going. Four vendors had a supply of guns, apparel, and demoed guns. Food was available on the grounds. Approximately 60 campsites were filled and all 50 golf carts were rented. What a great sight! A helicopter slowly drifted across so that pictures could be taken from it. Hope we see them on this website soon. On Sunday, most of the kids participated in their doubles and handicap events, practiced Bunker and then headed for home.

In addition to those helpers on Friday, Don Chrapla, Tate Barwald, Glenn Hamerly, Jim Kroeplien & son (Josh?), “Chops” Jim Gurkowski, Fred & Ann Kasten, Pat Schutte and Glen Grabski helped both Saturday & Sunday. Sorry if I missed some of those valued helpers! We absolutely could not have successfully pulled off this huge shoot without all their help. There is so much to do, including daily shower house cleaning, and can’t imagine how Denny managed! Fritz, Dewey, Theresa and Amy were busy both days running up and down the line acting as line supervisors, taking care of problems as they arose and keeping the shoot going smoothly. Dick & Arlene conducted the 3 registered events on Sunday for approximately 20 shooters.

This Friday begins a 4 day registered shoot – July 1-4. Please come out and help us!
    Pictures below are of the shoot (included one of our wild flowers).

John Atkielski

John Atkielski

John Atkielski

John Atkielski

John Atkielski

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.