Loading…
(888) 704-6588
1312 Akron Drive, Nekoosa, WI 54457

Homegrounds Update July 5, 2016

Index Forums General Information Homegrounds Update July 5, 2016

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  John Atkielski 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

John Atkielski

HOME GROUNDS UPDATE  –  July 5, 2016

85 shooters competed at our Firecracker shoot, July 1-4th.  Good turnout (hoped for more), great targets and super weather.  What more could you ask for?  There were about 30 campers there, some keeping their campers there for the State Shoot coming up next week.  We had many helpers, especially Theresa Howland, and Brian Giese.

Now – about that super young man that I mentioned last week.  Paul Smith is 18 years old, beginning his Sr. year, and shoots with the Badger High School Trap Team.  He hails from Lake Geneva.  He was born with not one, but two fused elbows, and another challenge – a clinical sensitivity to sounds.  And he is a shooter???  He says he has adapted to both, and has proven it.  He shoots with a special gun – it has a tactical grip and fixed pad.  He said it was a light gun, but I know it was heavier than mine!

He began shooting a BB gun when he was about 7.  He has shot trap for 4 years and has been in the league for 3.  All with those fused elbows!  He completed a hunter’s ed. class where the instructor told him he would never be able to shoot a gun.  Guess you never say “never” to Paul.  He attributes his success to his “amazing coaches”.  In addition to shooting, he has his own lawn care business since he was 13 years old and works approximately 60 hours a week.

After thinking it over, he decided to give me the above information so that others may be encouraged to overcome their own ‘challenges’ and to never say ‘never’!

John Atkielski

John Atkielski

Talented things trap help does during down time!

John Atkielski

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.