Loading…
(888) 704-6588
1312 Akron Drive, Nekoosa, WI 54457

Darien not dead yet!

Index Forums General Information Darien not dead yet!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Don Mittag 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Dick Otto
    Participant

Reports from Janesville this weekend were that the sale of Darien Gun Club has fallen through. Don’t know as of now that they will continue with their 2018 shoots or not. They got royally screwed on this one as they had about liquidated their inventory. Hoping there was some earnest money exchanged when the deal was struck. It was reported the deal fell through when buyer couldn’t get financing.

Brad Bomkamp
    Participant

As far as I know, it is business as usual at Darien. They are shooting a full 10 week Fall League and they have ATA shoots scheduled thru October 2018.

Some inventory was not liquidated, so they still have mostly trapshooting reloading components and shells available as well as some limited shotguns & accessories for sale.

Dick Otto
    Participant

Darien (Chapter 3) – went to the club today for the 9/2 weekend shoot. Very few cars parked there upon arrival. Then entered the clubhouse and got the bad news. Last week, Dave had fired his daughter who had been managing the club for him. The balance of Darien’s registered have probably been cancelled. If you think there is a chance they still be held, I strongly suggest you consider calling before-hand to avoid being disappointed.

Amy Jenkins

Just FYI that none of the shoots have been canceled through me; that may not mean anything but they have not been canceled through me as of today and I would assume then nothing has been canceled through the ATA. I will post again if the shoots are canceled through me.

Amy Jenkins

I received confirmation this morning from Sheila that the rest of the registered shoots at Darien are canceled. She apologized and was sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused.

Don Mittag
    Participant

Final chapter. So it looks like the end of what was at one time THE place to shoot. I for one will miss it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.