Loading…
(888) 704-6588
1312 Akron Drive, Nekoosa, WI 54457

April Meeting Minutes

Index Forums General Information April Meeting Minutes

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Don Mittag
    Participant

Just a comment and a question.

First the comment. I see that someone named Lisa from Greenway has been doing the promoting on Facebook. I had not seen anything up until recently. Now it looks like it almost changes daily. She is doing a fine job. The one thing I think you all need to address, and I don’t know how it is done, but when you google camping in either Rome or Adams county The Homegrounds don’t show up. At least when I checked last. In this day and age Google is the only way people find things now days. We really need to have a presence there. I think this will be the most important form of advertising you can do.

Next, and this might be a dumb questions but it says” water on EVR”. What is EVR?

I also see that the AC might be in before the state shoot. I think this is a wonderful idea. Glad you voted it in.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Don Mittag.
    Tate Barwald

Hi Don,
    Not sure how the google search works Definitely something to look into, and yes Lisa is doing a great job on the Facebook page!!! EVR is east vendor row.

Mike Pigusch
    Participant

The WTA should encourage all members to do a RV search for Adams county “the members should only click on the WTA Home Grounds Link” or what ever the name. if there search doesn’t display the ‘Homegrounds RV park’, do not click on any link, if any WTA member can not find a link then the WTA has a name problem or what ever shows in the hidden header info on every page. When a member does a “google” search that displays the WTA RV park, that info should be posted, so other members could do the same search to get the same results.

Mike P

Mike Pigusch
    Participant

This to all WTA campers. If the WTA Home grounds is not listed on your favorite camping website, then take action to post it and own that post. Keep it up to date. There are many RV locating web sites, if every WTA capper made sure that the Homegrounds was/is listed on their favorite camping search website that would help the WTA.

I am trying to own one now.

Mike P

Amy Jenkins

When I google Homegrounds RV Park, our information pops up on the right hand side of the screen and it has the pic of Denny and Ruth sitting by their camper. When we shut down the website for the campground back in 2016, we paid to keep the domain name so that we did not lose rights to it. Lisa is going to try to do something with it and we are working together to figure it out. So, hopefully soon, when anyone tries to google it, you will be directed accordingly. A few websites down on my search, it shows the WTA page. I clicked on the other links above that and our information populates correctly. But……this could be because I have googled it before and it pops up for me. Not sure. We are working on it. Thanks Don and Mike!!

Don Mittag
    Participant

Amy. I think you have missed my meaning. When you know the campground you want to go to and it happens to be the Homegrounds your Google works fine. That is how people that know they want to go to the Homegrounds would do it. I know if I google “The Homeground RV park” it comes up. Just like if I googled any other camp grounds by name. But what happens when you google “camping in Adams county or camping near Rome Wisconsin”. This is how people that don’t know of the Homegrounds will find a campground in Adams county. It will come up but it is like the 15th camp grounds in the list. My questions is how do we get it up towards the top? Mike might be right but I am thinking it will take some advertising money to move up the list. I don’t know for sure. I haven’t a clue. All I know is if the Homegrounds were to come up in the top 3 when you google Camping in Adams county your occupancy will increase many fold. Every one knows that in this day and age nobody looks in the “yellow pages” any more. I don’t even know if they are around anymore.

Brad Patterson
    Participant

Question : If there was a 15% increase in costs from White Flyer, how can prices remain the same? If the Homegrounds is a business, how can you eat the cost and not have a price increase. You are trying to grow the business, make improvements to the facility, pay the bills, etc. how can you not increase the cost for targets when they have increased? It’s the one thing the Homegrounds sells and it provides the funds to do the things listed like pay the bills. I think most people understand our sport is expensive and understand a .25 or .50 cent increase per round when costs increase.

I also hope that when the price includes labor for the youth shoots, (yes I understand there is a cost for it) I hope they are trained and not being trained during the event. If they are trained and good to go, cost is acceptable. If the event is being used as a training day then cost should be adjusted and discounted as your then not paying for trained help.

Question : How did the taxes not get paid on the Camping grounds and how does that get paid? Does the money to pay for that come from money made from camping or shooting? How much was the penalty for not making the payments? Is there a plan to get that situation resolved so the facility can continue to move forward?

Arlene Otto
    Participant

Of course there is a plan to get the tax situation resolved! Responding to the RV Park Taxes. Wisc. Dept. of Rev. Sales & Use taxes had not been filed in 2016 & 2017. Taxes were charged on estimates of $1000.00 each year, $104.54 total interest & $625.50 total penalty. A levy was placed for non payment in the amount of $1496.23. Unemployment Taxes are $554.41 plus 12.21 in interest, and $100.00 penalty. Our accountant is in the process of filing for previous quarters/years, and hopefully we will be getting refunds when all is said & done as it will be on actual figures, not estimates. RV Park taxes will/have come out of the RV Account. Camping income – other than State Shoot – go into the RV Bank Account.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.