Loading…
(888) 704-6588
1312 Akron Drive, Nekoosa, WI 54457

5 man team shoot

Index Forums General Information 5 man team shoot

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Brad Patterson 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Brad Patterson
    Participant

Any information or promotion of the shoot this coming weekend. Planning on bringing a couple of my kids up there from team I coach and would like a little more information about the shoot.

1)what time does it begin?

2) how many traps and how many targets shot per trap?

3) what time does registration close?

4) food available on the grounds ?

Anyone able to give a little more information.

Mike Pigusch
    Participant

1)what time does it begin?

According to the shoot flyer posted on 8 Jul it starts at 9AM.

2) how many traps and how many targets shot per trap? Each squad will use 2 houses, 50 targets per house for the first hundred,  Total number of houses has not been finalized.

3) what time does registration close? According to the shoot flyer posted on 8 Jul it ends at 11:59 AM on 20 Aug 2016.

4) food available on the grounds ? I don’t know that a good question.

Shoot Flyer link: http://www.witrapshooters.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/TeamFlyer2016.pdf

Mike P

Brad Patterson
    Participant

From what I can see , there hasn’t been a whole lot of promotion of the event on this site. Anyone have any idea how many teams are signed up or what the expected turn out is to be. Hate to drive almost 3 hours and it is for nothing.

Will their be food available on the grounds ???

Brad Patterson
    Participant

Had a email sent to me regarding food venders, here you go ….

<p id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1471538415595_49537″ style=”-webkit-padding-start: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: #000000; font-family: Calibri, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: normal;”>”There will be two vendors at the 5 man team shoot.</p>
    <p id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1471538415595_49535″ style=”-webkit-padding-start: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: #000000; font-family: Calibri, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: normal;”>Post 9, and Buckshot Grill</p>
    <p id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1471538415595_49533″ style=”-webkit-padding-start: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: #000000; font-family: Calibri, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: normal;”></p>
    <p id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1471538415595_49515″ style=”-webkit-padding-start: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: #000000; font-family: Calibri, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: normal;”>You will see Burgers, Pulled Pork, Hot Ham and Cheese, BBQ, Corn on the Cob, Maybe some Chili, Biscuits and Gravy.  Hand dipped Ice Cream and heaven only knows what else will magically appear”.</p>
    <p style=”-webkit-padding-start: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: #000000; font-family: Calibri, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: normal;”></p>
    <p style=”-webkit-padding-start: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: #000000; font-family: Calibri, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: normal;”>Don’t know if we’ll have any teams shooting (hope we do) but at least it looks like we’ll eat good !!</p>

Brad Patterson
    Participant

Some thoughts from my time up at the Homegrounds this past Saturday for the event.

1) The grounds looked fantastic , and in fact looked better than when I was up at the grounds in June for the SCTP State Championships. The grass looked exceptional throughout the grounds.

2) The new directors were very nice and welcoming.

3) Thought the target setting was very good and at least on my traps the kids did very well.

4) Could have done without the wind and rain !!

5) Liked that it was 200 targets. Made the drive up from Milwaukee worth it.

Was a little disappointed with the turn out. Was hoping for more teams but I also (at least from what I could see on this site) thought that there was not that great of promotion for the event. Hopefully the shoot is attempted next year so some promotion and continuity can be achieved.

I had a blast shooting with 4 of the athletes from the high school team I coach. One athlete shot her first 25 straight. The experience was priceless !!

M. Peter Rustad
    Participant

Brad, my thoughts exactly, the .grounds looked the best it ever has. Good targets, good people, like you said could have used more sunshine and shooters. Thanks to all who made it possible.

Pete

Don Mittag
    Participant

The same could be said about all the shoots that have been held at the Homegrounds this year.  There has been zero promotion.  The fall shoot needs to be promoted as well.  A few words here to the 15 people that look at this site is not going to boost attendance.  There should have been a mailing made to everyone in Wisconsin and all the none res. that were there last year.    Also a flyer should have been posted in trap and field.  I know it costs money that you don’t have but if you want to boost attendance you need to do some promoting.  I isn’t going to grow if people don’t even know you are going to have a shoot.  There isn’t even a program.  You can’t just say it is the same as last year.  What was it last year?????  Oh no wait it has been changed.  So what is it now???

Brad Patterson
    Participant

So this was pretty cool.

First my question. Can the results and payouts be posted from the 5 Man Team shoot.

My team members won some money. Got notiefied by Monday I believe, and got the checks yesterday. Now that is great service by the WTA !!

Don Mittag
    Participant

Brad.  I know I have seen the results and payouts somewhere on this site.  They were up on like Tues. or so.  ( Mike P posted on Aug. 21st. under shoots, Team shoot.)

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  Don Mittag.

Brad Bomkamp
    Participant

In order for this shoot to grow, there has to be something to shoot for.  All the money that was paid out was from the shooters playing the options.  There were no team trophies or added money.

I understand the financial situation the WTA is in, but if you want competitive shooters to come from short/long distances to shoot, some type of recognition should be given for at least a couple of teams.

If the shoot is going to be designated as a donation shoot to benefit the homegrounds, then it should be advertised as such.

The $1000 donated money for the random number drawing was great and very much appreciated, but it was just that..random.

Brad Patterson
    Participant

Another great thing by the WTA BOD’s.

So at the shoot, one of my shooters broke her first perfect score in competition. Arlene, Amy, and Dewey looked for a 25 straight patch to give to the young lady, but couldn’t locate one. Few days later in the mail, Arlene sent me the patch to my home with a nice note for the young lady.

Thank you very much for going above and beyond to make one of my kids happy !!

Brad

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.