Loading…
(888) 704-6588
1312 Akron Drive, Nekoosa, WI 54457

2018 State shoot,

Index Forums General Information 2018 State shoot,

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Norb Hoff 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Don Mittag
    Participant

After reading the minutes from the face to face meeting a couple of things stand out.

!st. Some people may not know who the Butcher Block food vendor is so let me be the first to say if they are willing to come up to our shoot. OUTSTANDING. They are great. They are at the Grand and I would be willing to bet they sell more food that any two other sites there.

2nd. Ice cream. I have never had any of their ice cream but if they serve things like sundays and malts and shakes bring them on. Plus I think I still owe Tim Curtin a ice cream yet.

3rd. In general it looks like things went fairly well.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  Don Mittag.

Amy Jenkins

Don –
    The guy from Butcher Block talked to me two times at the Grand. He was scheduled to come to the SCTP shoot last year but couldn’t make it. I literally walked away from his vendor spot and he called me on my phone about 10 minutes later and asked me to come back and talk some more. So…..I’m hopeful that it works out and he is still planning to be there.

Ice cream – Chops couldn’t say enough good stuff about the ice cream in Iowa!!! 🙂

Thanks!
    Amy

Don Mittag
    Participant

Amy. Do you recall was the Peach cobbler done by Butcher block or was that the 4H?

And as for the Ice cream. I think Chops taste buds can be trusted. He and I are similar in stature. If the WTA needs someone to go to Ames and taste test I’m your man. I will even take a director along. Don and I have been known to eat a bit here and there over the years.

Norb Hoff
    Participant

Don, I don’t think you should be eating that type of stuff and instead should by one and take it directly to me. I think that would be best for all involved as I am a more trustworthy source in rating the culinary offerings located on the Grounds.

And while you’re at it, bring one for John Pilotte who is usually with me so he doesn’t have to roll that far.

Don Mittag
    Participant

Norb. I’ll fly if you buy!!!!!

Norb Hoff
    Participant

Well Don, I do think you should buy for me and deliver based on my good looks, wit, charm, and overall niceguyness. After all, they DID name a college after me!

Once again, Happy New Year to all and may Our Lady of The Perpetual Straightaway shine favorably upon you.

Amy Jenkins

Don –
    I think the 4H has the ice cream at the Grand and it is SOOOOOO good. We had blueberry cobbler one day too! Maybe they can come as a package deal!!!
    Amy

Don Mittag
    Participant

Blueberry. I didn’t see that. That’s my favorite. I can still remember my grandma on the farm in Kentucky making it. Wow. Oh well like Norb says. I should be staying away from that kind of stuff. If Butcher Block comes up I will be having a steak sandwich or two though. My cardiologist says everything in moderation. He even said if I don’t drink through the week I can really give it on the weekends. Right Norb.

Oh and Norb. All that crap about you being good looking and what ever. Remember I’ve known you way to long to fall for that.

Hope everyone had a great holidays and have a happy, prosperous and most importantly HEALTHY New year.

Norb Hoff
    Participant

Yes Don, you can “bank” or “stockpile” you beers for the weekend. At least that’s what I tell my wife!

Oh, and let me extend a BIG thank you to everyone who has purchased raffle tickets for the WPVA Main Raffle from me over the years. Your support and generosity is greatly appreciated.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.