Loading…
(888) 704-6588
1312 Akron Drive, Nekoosa, WI 54457

2016 State Shoot

Index Forums General Information 2016 State Shoot

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Don Mittag
    Participant

Looks like I won a little money.  It has only been two weeks.  I hope my check comes before Christmas.

Don Mittag
    Participant

Another day closer to Christmas with no check.

Dan Horkan
    Participant

I know people had told me they received there checks. I know Jim has been in the fields since state no stop.
    I bet he thought you wanted to donate it to the WTA

Don Mittag
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>So far I have not had a choice have I and other people getting what they have comin that really doesn’t do me any good.</p>

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by Don Mittag.
    Jim Kroeplien
    Participant

Don, just to let you know, Michelle had all the checks printed on Sunday of the State Shoot. Theresa took the checks with her. My wife had all the envelopes stamped and return addresses put on. I contacted Theresa and she said she had the checks in the mail within a few days. Not everything runs perfect in this world. I had other shooters call me and tell me they have not received their checks also. I’m sure you will get before Christmas.

Dan Horkan
    Participant

Thanks Jim
    I had gone to 2 ATA shoots in the last weekend and picked up envelopes from months ago that they were holding. I think we did well as mine were date May at both places. I should’ve complained but I was just happy to see I had some extra funds to save

Don Mittag
    Participant

And the club you shot at week before last should not have been able to hold another shoot until they have paid off the other shoots.  And according to ATA rules they are not supposed to hold the checks.  As a director I would think you would have told them about the rules.  There is no reason for them to hold the money other than they don’t want to write a check.

Along the same lines.  At several annual meetings, probably before you started shooting a few years ago it was brought up that when clubs send checks they should also include a payoff report.  Other wise you get a check but have no idea what it is for.  This costs the club one sheet of paper and the ink on it.  Postage is the same.

Dan Horkan
    Participant

I got into this for fun and compete. I wouldn’t even do it if my late envelope with cash bothered me. This is a sport for fun. I guess we all feel differently. Thank God we are not all the same

Don Mittag
    Participant

I really don’t care why you shoot.  And I really don’t think it should matter to you why I shoot.  But when I win some money I expect to be paid and the ATA your governing body thinks the same way.  So if you want to donate your winning back to the club that you shot, have at it.  I won’t be doing the same.

At this point I think it is reasonable to have someone check to see if a check was cut.  If it was cut and sent I think it reasonable for another check to cut.  Because obviously it is lost.  If I was to receive two checks one will be destroyed so no need to stop payment.

One of the checks and balances in shooting is a payout sheet.  That is why it is important for one to be posted.  If I had not asked one would not have been posted.  If one was not posted no one would have known that we didn’t receive what was coming to us.  It is not the first time that there was a problem with purses.  It happens all the time and people catch the mistakes.  It won’t be the last time there was a problem with something at a shoot.  But it has been two and half weeks and I think that is a reasonable amount of time to wait to be paid.

Dan Horkan
    Participant

This will never stop so I will just say you’ve been around long enough to know it will never be perfect. I hope you get your check and have a blessed day.

Don Mittag
    Participant

Today I received a call from Jim Kroeplien.  He said that the checks for the HOA and HAA lewis purses had not been cut.  So I was not the only one that had not been paid.  He said he would cut them in the next day or two.  So I was correct in questioning the checks.  If I hadn’t someone else, I would hope, would have.  Some people may not want the money they have coming but I do.

Thanks Jim and Theresa.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.