(888) 704-6588
1312 Akron Drive, Nekoosa, WI 54457

Minutes: June 26, 2020

WTA Meeting
June 26, 2020
Teleconference due to COVID-19 Pandemic

The 06/26/20 teleconference Board of Director’s meeting of the Wisconsin Trapshooting Association was called to order at 9:05 am by Fritz Thistle, President.  Directors present were N/E Don Chrapla and YZ Weisensel, N/W Keith Lehmann and Rich Johnson, S/W LaVerne Lehmann, S/E Bob Ebbers and Tyler Buchanan, ATA Delegate Kevin Doerring, 1st Alt. Delegate Dwight Paulin, 2nd Alt. Delegate Fritz Thistle, Treasurer Taylor Katzenberg, Executive Assistant/Shoot Coordinator Amy Jenkins.

Also present on the call were:

Chops, Jeff Recob, Glen Grabski, Deana Lehmann

Meeting started at 9:05 am.

Special Meeting:

Zone Shoots at State Shoot:
Fritz suggested using the three events on Wednesday for the zone requirements.  The singles event on Thursday would count as the 2nd 100 targets.  Any shoot-offs would carry over to Saturday.  Trophies will be for NE and SW zones only.  Who is responsible for the prize money?  Amy asked if we needed to pay out money because they will not be paying extra money for the targets.  Kevin will work with Michelle on the computer logistics for these events.  Anyone can register these targets for all state team requirements.

Rhino made a motion to only give out trophies for the zone shoots held in conjunction with state shoot events; there will be no money pay-out for the NE and SW zones.  Rich seconded.  So carried.

All State Team Requirements:
The three shoot requirement will remain.  Discussion about changing target requirements.  Kevin suggested the men’s and ladies teams be 1500 singles, 1000 handicap and 800 doubles; vet, sub-vet, junior, etc. would be 1200 singles, 1000 caps and 800 doubles.  Target reduction is valid for this year only due to the coronavirus. Kevin reminded everyone that the only thing you need in-state targets for are the high average awards.  Your targets can be in state or out of state.

YZ made a motion to have the all state requirements as listed above.  LaVerne seconded.  Rhino opposed.  So carried.

Nekoosa Kids:
Brian is concerned about his kids not having a shelter area to get out of the sun.  Brian does not want them under the shelters that the shooters will utilize.  Glen said he talked to Brian and the parents are going to try to come up with about ten pop-up shades.  They will be the kids only, not for the shooters.  He believes he will have enough staff every day.

Fritz said that we have not been able to obtain any wipes at this time.  Fritz has purchased gloves and masks.  There will be signs posted to remind everyone to social distance, etc.  There will be sanitizer at each station.  There is a list of things that need to be done for the state shoot.  Glen has the list.  Don said that a work day during the week will be better for him.  Jeff will be bringing targets to get loaded into the trap houses and would like to coordinate with the work day.  Tentative work day will be July 2nd at 10am.

Update:  Amy was able to find wipes today and has purchased 10 large containers and 6 small ones.

YZ made a motion that WTA buy lunch for the workers for July 2nd workday.  Don seconded.  So carried.

Taylor will be putting the plexiglass stands in the clubhouse for the work stations.

Any new shooter will not be penalized on target requirements this year for the state shoot.  We will use targets from 2018, 2019, 2020 for everyone else.

Security System:
When the alarm goes off and the police have to come, we will eventually get a bill.  The first call goes to Glen and Fritz is the second, then Bill Davis.  We will have to pay $50 for the false alarm.

Hwy Signs:
Fritz gave an update on the signs that can be made with arrows.  The cost would be $1000 so we will not be pursuing them at this time. Tourism signs (TOD) for Hwy 13 permits are $200 for two signs.  Also, arrow signs are for County Hwy Z.

They will hold their state shoot on August 15th with practice on Friday.  The event will be 100 singles on Saturday.  They will be setting up the sporting clays on the east end as well.  Sunday they will go to Sauk for Skeet.

Taylor will complete the ATA grant by July 1st.

Golf Carts:
Amy gave an update that she has 16 carts reserved.  We will need 2 carts for Brian and one gator.  We will need 10 for the WTA workers.  Amy suggested that Chops order 30 carts and Amy will need to watch how many more she rents out.

Update:  Chops called Master Carts after the meeting and he said that the price will need to change because we did not need all 40 carts as originally quoted and because we didn’t need them for the other events.  Rich will call Master Carts to find out what the price difference will be.

Round Table
The road is really dusty because of not putting the brine down. Someone will check with Mike Thomas to see if he can bring his watering system.

Fritz said that there will be a fireworks show tomorrow if anyone wants to attend.  They will be lighting them off around trap 9.  The bathrooms will not be opened.

Fritz posted an ad in the local newspaper.  Town of Rome may cover the bill.

Billy Jo will be bringing extra wash stations when she delivers the porta potties.  Shower houses will be open for the state shoot.

Annual meeting will be held outside the building.  It will be very short to elect delegates; we will use a show of hands to avoid having paper voting slips.  Rhino will still bring his PA system.  Copies of the minutes will not need to be provided, but Taylor will have 100 copies of the financials available.

Kevin received a phone call from Tom Roberts.  He will come up after his state shoot.  He has been in contact with Michelle to get the wiring linked into her program.  We need an antennae stand and a way to get it into the building.  He asked if there was a campsite available or hotel availability.  Chops said he was aware of someone that just canceled a room at the Shermalot.  There are no available campsites.

Chops will be getting 6 gallons of sanitizer from the distillery and will be giving a donation of $50.

Laverne noted before the meeting that in Colorado they had 8 ounce bottles of waters rather than water coolers.  Someone donated the water.  For our state shoot, water will not be provided on the line for shooters; shooters will need to provide their own water.

LaVerne made a motion to adjourn.  Rhino seconded.  So carried.

Meeting adjourned at 10:06 am.