Loading…
(888) 704-6588
1312 Akron Drive, Nekoosa, WI 54457

Minutes: April 22, 2017

The 04/22/17 face to face general membership meeting of the Wisconsin Trapshooting Association Board of Directors meeting was called to order at 2:34pm by Jerry Farnsworth, President.  Directors present were, President Jerry (Dewey) Farnsworth, N/W Tate Barwald, N/E Don Chrapla and Josh Kroeplien, 1st Alt. Delegate Dwight Paulin, 2nd Alt. Delegate Fritz Thistle, Jim Kroeplien, Shoot Coordinator Amy Jenkins.  Absent for face to face meeting was S/E Bill Marsden and Jerry Kaszynski, S/W Dan Horkan, ATA Delegate Kevin Doerring.

Meeting started at 2:34pm

Secretary Report:
None

Treasurer’s Report:
None

Jim handed out a message from Jen Powers of Schenk Accounting and they are asking us to find someone else to do our taxes and accounting.  They will do our 2016 taxes.  She stated that our bookkeeping needs to improve.  They do not want to deal with an audit when we truly don’t have separate accounts.  We need to have legal separation between the campground and shooting facility.  This includes property separation also and separate tax bills.  Homegrounds needs to have a bank account opened up ASAP and needs their own treasurer.  Homegrounds needs to be paying bills on their own and deposit campsite income.  We will need to be separate for the state audit.  Jim got a call from Bruce Stitely and they discussed what the original plan was supposed to be; Homegrounds was supposed to be paying $3800 a month to WTA as for a lease.  That has never happened because there is not enough income to pay this.

Town of Rome, Open Book is May 12 from 10 to 12 and the Board of Review is June 2 from 12 to 2.  Jim will talk with Gary Gerhartz and Mike May to see if they can attend.

Jim suggested that any new raffles should be ran through him (Treasurer) so that the proper raffle license is printed on the raffle tickets so that we don’t have any issues moving forward. One of the raffles was done with an old raffle license number; however we contacted the Department and notified them of this error and we can still use those tickets.

Old Business:
Trap Help:

Jim handed out some papers regarding trap help, volunteer laws and employment.

Discussion was held about the waiver that everyone is to sign prior to shooting.  The insurance company would like us to have a file of all of the signed waivers.

Jim handed out brochures that were handed out at the job fair so that everyone could see them and see if there are any other places that we can hand these out.

Dewey received a call from the zoning committee and we do need to get on the agenda and present the building that we are proposing to build.  The next meeting is in May; however, we will not be able to make that due to not having the plans finalized yet.  The original building was already approved so there will not be an issue getting it approved; however, the new plans will need to be approved by the committee.  They suggested giving them two weeks’ notice and we can be added to the agenda for what meeting we can attend.

The forms were completed for the State of Wisconsin for the opening of the wells.  Amy will scan them and email them to the state next week.

Brian arrived to discuss his proposal for trap help for the 2017 shooting season.  He handed out two documents for the group to review.  He provided a Contract for Volunteer Services that explained the breakdown of the shoots, the numbers of help needed and the cost.  Jim discussed the timing of the payments based on when the money is coming in.  The first payment will be due June 30, next one July 21 and the balance due on August 11.  Dwight asked if Brian would have any individuals that may be interested in helping out in the cashiering and squadding office for the state shoot.  Brian will see what he can do.

Don made a motion to accept Brian’s contract.  Tate seconded it.  So carried.
Fritz:
Don Grunde likely will be giving us his tractor to use at Homegrounds starting this summer and likely will remain here.  Fritz wanted to make sure the thank you letter was sent to Bruce Nelson.  Fritz will talk to Dean Neumann about the traps.  Jerry K. will cover May at Homegrounds.  Fritz will cover June.  We will need someone to cover July and August.

Don made a motion to adjourn the meeting.  Josh seconded it.  So carried.

Meeting adjourned at 4:17pm.