(888) 704-6588
1312 Akron Drive, Nekoosa, WI 54457

Minutes: April 20, 2015


Teleconference Meeting April 20, 2015

The 04/20/2015 teleconference meeting of the Wisconsin Trapshooting Association Board of Directors was called to order at 6:30 p.m. by President Bruce Stiteley. Directors on line were 1st Vice President Bill Simonar, 2nd Vice President SE: Don Mittag, SW: Jerry Farnsworth, SW Adam LePine, NW: Glenn Hamerly, NE: Dave Wehmeir, ATA Delegate Rick Tesker, Jim Kroeplien, Treasurer, and Secretary Theresa Howland. Absent was SE: Gary Fechter, 1st Alt. Delegate Kevin Doerring, 2nd Alt Delegate Dwight Paulin. Guests for the meeting were Perry Hintz and Dennis Taylor.

Meeting started at 6:30


Bruce: Bruce thanked Perry Hintz for joining in on the teleconference. The conversation turned to letting Perry know that we had every intention of putting up the building that they wanted for their shoot, but it was financially impossible at this time.

Perry said he understood and that he was watching the minutes on the website and figured the building would not be up for the SCTP shoot. Bruce assured him that there would be tents and pods be able to use for the SCTP shoot.

Perry asked if the $1 maintenance fee would be added to the price that they were already quoted. The Board of directors assured him that we would honor the price we quoted him and it would not be added this year.

Perry also talked to the Board about adding a 50 bird doubles event on the 24 th of May. He was wondering the price and if it would be able to be added. He thought that it would be nice to have the event for the kids to do while waiting for awards. The board agreed that the price would be the same as any doubles event.

Adam let Perry know that there would be plenty of help for the shoot.

Glenn asked about how many shooters might be expected so that he could make sure that he would have enough vendors for the shoot. Perry was hoping that for the singles event there could be a possibility of 900-1000 shooters. Also maybe a third would stay for the handicap and doubles event. Perry said that they will open up registration 5 to 6 weeks in advance and that he would have a good idea of the number of shooters two weeks before the shoot.

Dennis gavePerry a list of hotels in the area. He let Perry know,if he lets him know in advance,he could set up a block of rooms in a nearby hotel which may save money for the shooters. He also is hoping that some of them will be using the camp grounds.Perry thought there would be a few campers for sure at the Homegrounds may be more.

Dennis and Perry talked about the Bunker shoots and if Perry would have the shoots ran on full rules for State Bunker. Perry said they were going to try but will see how everything is being set up with the shooters to make the final decision.

Dennis: Dennis told the board that things are picking up.There has been a new group of shooters coming to do the Homegrounds.

Targets and shells are ordered and will be coming. They will be on hand for the upcoming shoots. More can be ordered if need be.

The camping is starting to pick up. He is hoping to see the weekend of the SCTP shoot starting to fill.

He said that the monitor that he bought would be hooked up soon and that will help to see how much electricity is being used in a week. It will help for future pricing of the camp sites.

The board then talked to Dennis about paying him as a private contractor. Dennis said he would be willing to do this if it is in the best interest of the WTA. He asked Don to send him the information that was sent to the Board members. Don said he will send it out so that Denny can look it over and see what he would need to do.Denny said he would look into everything and then let them know when he would be ready for the change. He asked the board if they would still be paying mileage and other things for the Homegrounds. The board assured him if he turned in the records they would reimburse for the running he does for the Homegrounds. Bruce asked Don as long as he was sending Denny the information on a private contractor,if he would also send him the job description so he could look it over. Don said he would send Denny the information.

Bruce asked Jim what would need to be done to switch how Denny gets paid. Jim said he would just need a start date. Bruce asked Denny to talk it over with Jim when he was ready.

Denny talked about MEC and the plans he has been working on to get the five stand going at the Homegrounds. MEC was wondering about the payment plan. He was hoping to talk to the manager of MEC to work something out. He feels it would be nice to have a variety of shooting at the Homegrounds.

He let the Directors know the pins are ordered for the state shoot. He was wondering if Gary wanted help with the trophies. Gary was not on for the teleconference so Denny said he would call him and ask.

Denny also looked into a stump grinder to rent for the weekend. He was told it would be about $400 dollars. Bruce suggested to talk toBill to see if he could get a better deal on the grinder.

Don asked Denny how many traps got stiffened on the work weekend. Denny said that they were able to get 8 traps done. He was hoping to get more done this weekend because Fritz was coming to help out. He is hoping to get them all done by the SCTP shoot.

Jim: Jim said he has sent the accountant all the information needed for taxes. All the bills are paid as of now.

He talked to Denny about how he is keeping the taxable and non-taxable sales separate.The shells would need to be taxable.Denny said that the tax was added in to the price and that he will be able to keep the sales separate when he gets the register set up.

Jim also asked about pre-squadding for the State Shoot. Rick said that it will be opening on May 1st just like the other years.

He also was wondering why the electric bill has shot up so much thus month. Denny said it could be a mix of campers and running the Bunker. He said that is why he has bought the monitor,to keep track of the electricity the campers are using.

Jim let the Directors know he has put the $5000 dollars back into the building fund.

He was wondering if anything was in the works for a recognition for those have donated to the Homegrounds. Something permanent may be costly at this time. Maybe we could look into something less permanent for now.

Meeting was adjourned at 8:05.

Next meeting: The next Teleconference meeting to be determined later.