(888) 704-6588
1312 Akron Drive, Nekoosa, WI 54457

Minutes: October 4, 2014


Face to Face October 4, 2014

The 10/04/2014 face to face meeting of the Wisconsin Trapshooting Association Board of Directors was called to order at 9:00 A.M. by President Bruce Stiteley.

Directors present were, 1st Vice President Bill Simonar, Don Mittag 2nd Vice President, S/W: Adam LePine, Jerry Farnsworth, N/W: Glenn Hamerly, ATA Delegate Rick Tesker, 1st Alt. Delegate Kevin Doerring, 2nd Alt.Delegate Dwight Paulin, S/E: Gary Fechter, and Secretary Theresa Howland. Absent for face to face meeting were, Treasurer Eric Tesker and N/E: Dave Wehmeir. Also present at the meeting was Fritz Thistle, Dennis Taylor, Ruth Taylor, Fred Kasten, Perry Hintz and Mike Pigusch.

Meeting started at 9:00 am


Denny: At the Homegrounds we have been working on putting doors and locks on the trap houses, getting them ready for winter. He would like to thank everyone who has been out there helping. We have still been having many people coming by and wanting talk about the facility. We have had a few campers coming in to camp, we are hoping that will pick up better for next year. Because we do not have a building yet Recob’s will be storing things for us through the winter. We also had a trailer donated be Kolar Arms/Jeff Mainland we will be storing things in there also. The showers will soon be winterized. We have landscaped around trap 30 so the slop is the same as the other traps. He will be attending more RV shows this winter. Hopefully sparking interest in the campgrounds for spring. We are in need of a cash register so he can use it when shooters are paying for shooting. Prices were also talked about and maybe looking into pre-pay cards. He also said there will be a High School Shoot on June 6, 2015.

Perry: Perry addressed the board that the SCTP may be looking at holding more shoots at the Homegrounds. But this will not be possible if we are unable to put up a building. He said they would need a building if they were going to hold the shoots at the Homegrounds. It is important to have a building for the safety of the shooters. He mentioned having more shoots for the bunker. He is hoping to get kids interested in the bunker trap, maybe hold some clinics so shooters see how it works. He is also hoping to be able to have another Jr. Olympic shoot. Maybe looking at Jr. Olympic Doubles and Skeet as well.

Bruce: A question was brought to the Board of directors of a few mistakes in classifications at the 2014 State Shoot. The question was looked into by the Directors and there was no mistake. Due to the register league scores the shooters in question were classified correctly. These register league targets do not show up when looking up shooters on the ATA website. It is up to all shooters to have their own cards updated with both registered and league registered targets. These should all be done before the State Shoot and presented to the classifiers when classifying. Without having your average card updated with all your targets only makes it harder for those who are classifying. Also it was brought to our attention when going through that we missed a pay-off. This will be taken care of and a check will be sent. There was discussion about how the state shoot went and whether we should give a three year contract to Michelle Mueller. A motion was made by Rick Tesker to give Michelle a three year contract. This motion was seconded by Gary Fechter. The motion went to vote and passed unanimously. Bruce brought up a meeting with the Town of Rome for Thursday to discuss what can be done to get financed for a building. It was talked about maybe putting up the building in portions so the cost is not all at once. There was a lot of discussion about the building and how it could be done so that by next year we have some kind of building to work out of. There was a lot of good ideas hopefully we can bring one of those ideas to reality.

New Treasurer: The board had two applications to review for a replacement for treasurer. After discussion about both applicants Glenn called Tracie to see if she was interested in the position and that it paid $300 a month. Tracie said she would be interested but for $500 a month. Don Mittag made a motion for Tracie for treasurer at $500 a month. This motion was seconded by Glenn. The motion went to vote 2-yea 4-nay. Motion was denied. Jim Kroeplien was then called and asked if he was interested in the position for $300, he said he would like to fill the position. Rick Tesker made a motion that Jim be accepted for treasurer at $300 a month. Motion was seconded by Jerry Farnsworth. This motion went to vote 6-yea 0-nay. Jim Kroeplien will be our new treasurer, Bruce was going to contact him and let him know. Eric will take things over to Jim and help him with getting started.

Financial Report: Eric was not able to attend this meeting but sent an expense report to all Board members. The board looked over this report and was discussing how things looked over the State Shoot and other things on the report.

Bill: Bill brought up the thought of doing a fall handicap 3 day shoot next year. He asked for some input from the board about what they thought about it. He also brought up the Christmas for Kids Shoot which will be held at the Weston Hit and Miss Trap Club on December 6, 2014. He has given flyers to board members to distribute to trap clubs. There are a block of rooms reserved if you are coming and need somewhere to stay. Bill also asked for a list of everyone’s contacts for the state shoot. He is making a book so all information is together.

Don: Don brought up the Zone Shoot rotations who is next in rotation and which clubs are still in those rotations. He also brought up that Ho Chunk Nation was looking to sponsor an event for next year’s events. He was asking what to tell them as far as cost. This brought up a discussion about what to charge the decision was made to charge $500 for preliminary events, $750 for Handicap and doubles and $1000 for all champion events.

Jerry: Jerry asked if we were looking to charge a daily fee for shooters that shoot at the Homegrounds. This was talked about and tabled for a different meeting. He also looked into the cost of 25, 50, 75 and 100 patches. The cost 100 for $2.95 each and 500 for $2.49 each.

Fritz: Fritz brought in a Winchester Super X donated by Darlene Royce it was her husband’s and she wanted the WTA to have it. The board discussed what to do with this nice donation and it was decided to leave the gun to at the Homegrounds so that it can be used by new shooters or people who come to try trap shooting. The gun was sent with Dennis Taylor. He also brought up the success of the state tent and the Grand America. He was happy it went well and was hoping it can be an every year event. He mentioned that Shamrock was thinking of putting up a tent almost in the same location as their tent and that Wisconsin would be able to use it for Wednesday night get together. He is willing to help anyone who would be interested in organizing this event. He also mentioned that Dennis has been working very hard and has very little time off. He suggested that there should be a job description written up for him soon.

Glenn: Glenn talked about having Board members signing up for working time slots so that board members will be able to know when they are needed and still get some time off. It would also be nice to have these time slots up so that maybe other shooters would be able to work and help out. This subject was tabled for another meeting.

Mike: Mike brought up the ATA numbers that are used by the WTA. He found that we are now issued two numbers one for the State Shoot and one number for any other register shoot planned. Don said that he will have Melinda look into this. This second number also had an odd name on the account, he was going to look into changing this name. He also said that he would be working on the website for one more year and then someone else will need to take it over. Some names were discussed to help take over this job. Reed Slaby was one of the people discussed and Adam said he would talk to Reed to find out if he would be interested. Also Mike said he was not reimbursed for the Wi-Fi from the state shoot. The board will talk to Eric and get a check to Mike for this soon.

Adam: Adam brought up that he was able to get to Norm’s house and worked on the truck. He was able to get the truck running. The truck is a 1999 Dodge Ram Sport. He was asking if the Board was going to be interested in purchasing this vehicle for $1500 it would be for the Homegrounds. The decision will be made later. Don was going to be talking to Norm about the truck. He also talked to Reed Slaby to see if he were interested in working on the WTA website. Reed had agreed to take over the website when needed to.

Theresa: I brought up a few emails I have received from Elizabeth Foellmi, who is working on the JEM Grant. She was looking for a little information for the grants which I will be working on getting this for her if possible. Mike was able to get the information that was needed. I was able to send her the information that she needed.

Meeting was adjourned at 4:00 PM

Next meeting: The next Face to Face Meeting will be held 9:00 am on December 13, 2014 at the Lake Sherwood Lodge. Bruce will be calling if a Teleconference is needed.