(888) 704-6588
1312 Akron Drive, Nekoosa, WI 54457

Minutes: December 23, 2013


Teleconference Meeting December 23,2013

The 12/23/2013 teleconference meeting of the Wisconsin Trapshooting Association Board of Directors was called to order at 6:40 p.m. by President Bruce Stiteley. Directors on line were Vice President Bill Simonar, SE: Don Mittag, Gary Fechter, SW: Dennis Taylor, Adam LePine, NW: Glenn Hamerly, NE: Dave Wehmeir, absent: Delegate Rick Tesker, 1st Alt. Delegate Kevin Doerring, 2nd Alt. Delegate Dwight Paulin, Treasurer Eric Tesker, Secretary Theresa Howland and Guest Jeff Ebel.

Meeting started at 6:30


Jeff Ebel: Jeff discussed with the directors on what the marketing committee will be doing. The committee was getting together on Dec. 23, on a conference call to discuss strategies on marketing for the new home grounds. Dave and Jeff were going to discuss what and where the marketing committee will be working on to promote the campgrounds and shooting complex. They will work on getting the website, the logo, and promotions ready to present at RV shows. Denny is working on getting dates and spots reserved at the RV shows. Jeff feels we need to get the Board of Directors for the homegrounds moving ahead so there will be communication and consistency between both boards of directors. Jeff said the more consistency between the two boards, the better success the home grounds will be. He recommends that the Board of Directors for the home grounds get together soon. They will need to file the corporation paperwork soon. Also get the corporation papers signed and get the survey done so the boundaries are set.

Board of directors for Homegrounds: Directors will be Jessica Fandrich, Rich Johnson, Bill Simonar, and Fred Kasten. The Board of Directors will try to teleconference by the first of the year to pick officers. The next thing they will do is start the process of hiring a manager for the home grounds. The directors had a few applications for this position. They are recommending the applications from Dennis Taylor and Glenn Hamerly. They felt that they would be the most qualified for the mangers position. It would then be up to the board of Directors of the home grounds to interview the applicants for the managers position. Then whom ever the home grounds board does not pick for the manager position would be recommended to sit on the board of directors for the homegrounds.

Eric: Bruce asked Eric how our finances are Eric feels we are doing fine right now. Bruce also said he received the Taxes for the home grounds. The directors will leave it up to Eric how and when to pay them.

Bruce: Bruce brought up compensation for the manager of the home grounds. It was decided that every director was going to work on the manager’s compensation, job list, and hours. Once they get this done they would send their ideas in emails to each other and hopefully some kind of decision will be made at our next meeting on what the manager of the home grounds job description and compensation will be.

Central Zone Shoot: Rick talked to Janesville. They said they were interested in doing the Central Zone shoot.

Trophy: Gary wanted to change how the trophy’s will be labeled. This will make it easier to distribute. The changes in the labeling will make it easier to change the order if the need arises during the shoot.

Bill: Bill brought up that the skidster is here. He said it is in great shape. He drove it and it runs great. They are waiting for the paper work and financing to be finished. Then it will be stored till spring. This will be a great help out at the home grounds.

Meeting was adjourned at 7:00

Next meeting: Teleconference on Monday January 6, 2014 at 6:30. The next face-to-face meeting will be on January 25, 2014. It will be held at the Lake Sherwood Lodge.