(888) 704-6588
1312 Akron Drive, Nekoosa, WI 54457

Minutes: July 29, 2013


Teleconference Meeting July 29, 2013

The 7/29/2013 teleconference meeting of the Wisconsin Trapshooting Association Board of Directors was called to order at 6:33 p.m. by President Bruce Stiteley. Directors on line were SE: Don Mittag, Gary Fechter, SW: Adam LePine, Dennis Taylor, NW: Glenn Hamerly, NE: Bill Simonar, Dave Wehmeier, Delegate Rick Tesker, Alt. Delegate Dwight Paulin. and Secr./Treas. Arlene Otto


Bruce thanked Ken for his service to the WTA and all his work on the banquet.

Ken reported the banquet was a huge success. The food was outstanding. A total of $8,000.00 was realized from the raffles. 182 people were in attendance. Ken said he would be happy to help out next year. Sarah will be the Banquet manager, Ken and Bob Webber on the committee.

Bruce asked for any changes that need to be made prior to the new target year. Don said new Rules in Effect need to be written prior to sending out the reg. Shoot info to the clubs in Sept. All-State Team Rules and applications need to be revised to previously published rules and all must be put on Website.

Bill had been in contact with Nekoosa H.S. Athletic Director with regards to line help for next year. The Director would like to meet with us at our next meeting. More interest expressed in long term camping spots. Will pursue following the Grand. Paul Becker spoke to Bill about purchasing and donating 2nd and 3rd place pins for the State Shoot events. This would enable the 2nd and 3rd place winners to receive ATA points. This was tabled to next meeting. He also suggested more out of state trophies as we had 135 shooters from out of state and 661 in state.

Dennis said the trap houses were all cleaned out on Monday, the voice releases were stored in the traphouses with doors. He and Bruce were to be meeting with Summit Credit Union. Keith Warnke needs the bunker invoices for the DNR. The trap bunker machines will arrive late August. Bruce, Dennis and Jessica met with the Chamber of Commerce in the Town of Rome. All area Chambers are looking for other events for our campgrounds. Jon Sonnenberg is working on the State ATV Rally for next year, Harley Ride next year, music festivals.

Dwight reported the WTA having 120 large barrels and 36 small ones. We will hold up on that for now.

Don: There was confusion on camping assignments. Next year will be different with the actual camp sites. Permanent shelters were discussed. Possible to have one larger one between two starting points if starting points were together. The shelters would contain permanent benches and gun racks.

Dave said the first year was great. The competition factor could go to a 5 again. He is willing to take on the social media duties – Facebook and Twitter. Bruce will contact Elizabeth regarding passwords.

Adam also said it was a great 1st year – “a state of the art facility”, and was impressed at the turnout. He will work with Dave on producing a video to educate the scorers, explain the rules. This is something we could make available to other clubs.

Glenn reported on payroll for line help. Not all time slips are in at this point. Improvements are being planned for next year. More help is needed for garbage pick up throughout the day.

Arlene suggested breaking down the Sec/Treas position into several categories: Treasurer, Recording Secretary, Banquet Manager/Coordinator, Reg. Shoot Coordinator, State Shoot Cashiering Director (Squad., Cashiering etc.). She will break out the duties.

Rick said all comments he heard about the shoot were great. He thought the Meet & Greet was a joke as the All State Team was not honored as stated, Board of directors were not able to be present. He didn’t feel the purpose was fulfilled. There were no scorers left for shoot-offs. A Polaris truck was picking up cardboard from the traps during shooting. He suggested more golf carts be made available for rent to shooters, and felt the carts and Metros should be brought in days earlier.

Don suggested mailing a questionnaire to all shooters having been classified at the shoot asking for their recommendations, basically the same questions decided on earlier. Their would be a drawing for paid entries to our next State Shoot, from the answers received. Don & Melinda will compose the questionnaire and Dick Otto will provide mailing labels.

Bruce said more help is needed after the shoot to cleanup targets, trap houses etc. It was decided to purchase the remaining trap machines rather than borrow and haul them. He also asked all Directors to get their expense reports in to Arlene.

Don made a motion to pay bills, Bruce seconded the motion. Motion carried.

Next meeting: teleconference on August 26 at 6:30 pm.

Meeting adjourned at 8:30 pm.

Respectfully submitted,
Arlene Otto, Sec/Treas.